Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday, April 22nd:
Lee had a good night with Kylie, and I had to smile when I came in and saw Kylie's hair was braided.  No it was not Lee but a kind nurse.  Dr Del Nido stopped in this morning and said he is very pleased and she is on track.  He also ordered her drainage tubes to be removed. This is a painful procedure so a blessing since she is still heavily sedated.  The nurses were fast and good.  Ken the respirator guy (and sure he has a better title than that, but I have no idea what) called her a teen as she was not cooperating with getting her off the ventilator.  They worked quite a bit with levels today and it will most likely come out tomorrow. I've discovered one negative of Boston.  They have no Turkey Hills.  I could really use a diet ice tea.  I mentioned this to my sister in law who lives off the stuff, and she said Boston is no longer on her bucket list.  :)  I seriously doubt it was ever on her list! Ok back to Kylie she would wake on and off today for 10-30 seconds at at time.  She'd have a glazed look and usually get upset and if she started thrashing they would up the meds. They say this stage is not the fun one for the parents. I would agree.  Hopefully tomorrow she will be awake more, less pain, and respirator out which the nurses say make the patient much happier.  I can't wait for a Kylie smile!
Prayer requests:
- fluid does not build up since the drainage tubes are out
- can be removed from the respirator sooner than later
- we all survive this stage till she is no longer sedated
- the nurses have wisdom with balancing her pain meds
THANKS!


;
It took lots of hands to quickly and efficiently 
remove Kylie's drainage tubes.  

The sweet nurse braided and put Kylie's 
hair in pig tails.  Not quite as good as 
Aunt Mary can do, but very close!

In between Kylie's little awake times I worked on 
entering recipes into my ipad.  Something that has
been on my list for a LONG time.

Any guess which is Kylie's mailbox at the Yawkey house?



No comments:

Post a Comment